Thursday, September 07, 2006

Bouncing back


Well, I no sooner got my blog set up than I was caught between the Scylla of a long Qi-zapping illness and the Charybdis of a knotty bit of work that used up whatever Qi was left. Result: blog and several other things were neglected.

Am bouncing back now.

Here’s something I found on Denis Mair’s fabulous website, ‘Oyster Bay Journals’ – hope you don’t mind me quoting it here, Denis. I found it magically inspiring; it jumped across a gap to get me blogging again:

Here's my take on God. When we poor, mortal, limited beings reach beyond ourselves to help or connect with another, that's when we prove what we are. Spirit realizes itself best of all by jumping across gaps. It leaps across gaps of time; it leaps across gaps of space and of isolated individuality. When we show love (the kind that fosters others in their essence), our limited selves begin to tap an infinite reservoir. Each one of these acts of reaching makes a spark of light. As far as I can see, the body of God is made up of such shimmering tissues. Looking closer at these tissues, we see a multitude of those sparks going off here and there, like a star-field of fireflies. The sparks elicit each other, like cells supporting each other within that body. Right now this body is trying to heal itself because there are some places where the sparks cannot easily go off, where the physiology of love and light is being blocked by narrow, grudgeful human purposes. I don't claim to know about the mind of God, but I am interested in the workings of what I see as his body-in-this-world, as best I conceive it.


My garden, for anyone interested, is still churning out the veg. Amazing what comes out of the four square metres that are under cultivation this year, both in quantity and quality. See photo of huge knobbly yellow courgettes. They taste good, too.

More soon...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home